Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Week 4 Results

Well, week four has come to an end and there is nothing new and exciting to report with my weigh in.  The scale didn't move this week (up or down - check out numbers page).

I could be bummed about this but after losing 14.8 pounds for the first three weeks I guess I was due for a week like this.  The old me would be beating myself up, analyzing and criticizing everything I did wrong during the week.  No more! 

I'm actually quite pleased with my week, been eating pretty healthy.  There were a couple of throw away meals, but overall very good.  I definitely haven't been watching my calories which I might need to do a better job with if I want to see the scales move.  Ultimately, the scale is not the biggest factor for me like it used to be.  Feeling better and healthier is so much more important these days.  Would I like to see a smaller number on the scale, of course, I would be lying if I said no.  That being said, I realize that there is so much more to life than that number.  Even as a "fat" person I never let that number define me.  No matter my weight, no matter my size, I have to love me for ME.
Exercise is going great, missed a few of my normal classes because of other things that I needed to do, but going strong on my two fitness calendars.  With only two days of the month left to do, I know I got this.  I have always started these fitness calendars in the past, but never finished one.  I'm pretty excited about this.  That third set of 25 pushups and 44 squats was killer.  Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day on the calendars before that final killer day.  I really have to try to break up everything on Friday and stretch it out during the entire day otherwise the evening will be really tough to do it all.

In the coming week I will try to be a little more mindful of the calories, but not dwell on it.  I'm also hoping the temperatures start to warm up a little it.  I want to get out there and start walking more, in hopes to start working on trying to jog a little bit. 

This journey is not a sprint, but a marathon.....this is just the beginning of a long road to a happy and healthier me.


No comments:

Post a Comment