Sunday, January 26, 2014

Since My Last Post...

Friday's normally begin with 6AM Combat class, but since I had a early doctor appointment there was no way I could do class and make it to my appointment on time. Bummed because this is always a great way to start the day, let alone a Friday.  So on my way to my appointment, my cell phone rings and my appointment got cancelled because my doctor was under the weather.  Uggghhhhh!  Oh well, maybe it was a good day to take a rest day, well sort of.  I still had my calendars exercises.

Lunch was my weekly day out for lunch with the girls.  It was fast food, and had a soda (diet) but the first time I have had fast food in over a week.  If this only happens once a week, I will be OK with that.  What I am going to try to do is print off the menus and nutritional information on the all the places in my areas.  This way no matter where we go each week I will the tools to try to pick the best choice possible. 

Friday evening brought the end of a busy work week and the start of the weekend....aaaaahhhh.  I really didn't have any plans for dinner.  There were some leftovers in the fridge from the week of planning meals but this evening I was craving a burger and fries.  My first thought, just stop and pick it up.  Then I thought why not make it myself.  So I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up a few things I needed to make this dinner happen.  Homemade burger with cheese, lettuce, and tomato, baked potato wedges, and roasted brussel sprouts.  I might have eaten a little bit later than if I would have stopped and picking something up, but it was so worth the extra time and I felt so much better about the meal I was eating.
Saturday morning was a two class day at the gym...Booty Barre and Body Pump.  Always a great combination.  Even better, getting there early and having a great conversation with friends.  Two hours later, a great workout, and a fabulous burn.
I didn't make the time for breakfast Saturday, but lunch and dinner were both made at home.  For lunch I made a couple of english muffin pizzas (with the leftovers from last Sunday).  For dinner, I had some leftover chicken breast, some of the potato wedges from last night, and some mixed leftover veggies.  The good thing about eating this stuff on Saturday, cleaning out the fridge to get ready for a new week and not throwing away and wasting food.

Sunday I missed my regular day at the gym because I was out of town.  I also don't do well with eating when I am out of town.  I didn't do breakfast or lunch which I know is a huge no no.  I need to put some snacks in the car or take some fruit with me to get something in my stomach to keep the fire burning.  On my way back into town I was going to pick up some groceries but I figured I would wait until I got home and do it later in the afternoon.  By the time I got home, it was snowing pretty good so I didn't get back out.  So, I really don't have a game plan for the week.  Fortunately when I stopped Friday night to get stuff for my homemade burger and fries I picked up a couple of extra things.  These things will help me until I can pick up some other things.  Let's hope I can make good decisions in the meantime.  Luckily when I have my rescheduled doctor's appointment on Monday morning I will be going by the grocery store.  I can stop and make a nice salad at the salad bar.

I thought about going out for a walk in the snow but I was feeling pretty tired from the weekend.  I did manage to get my calendars exercises in.  Boy, this last week is gonna be tough.  I really need to try to spread these out during the day.

I spent part of my afternoon making a new tab at the top of my blog (titled EXERCISE CALENDAR).  I thought I would use this calendar to document my fitness during the month.  After I finished it I was like WOW...I do take a lot of classes.  I can't believe I am saying this, but maybe I need a rest day more often.  But I really enjoy exercise and the way it makes me feel, both physically and mentally.  Especially at this time of year I really truly think that I would need to be on a anti-depressant if I didn't exercise.  I think in the coming months I need to take a look at my schedule and maybe make some adjustments especially if I want to start working in walking more and starting to work on preparing for a 5K later in the year.  I am so blessed to have a healthy body, minus the occasional aches and pains and popping and creaking joints.  I know so many that have issues and can't do what I can do.  For that I am so thankful.  That being said I need to be mindful, continue to listen to my body, know my limits, but still continue to push myself, try new things, (and yes, maybe even run).

Being a snowy and cold afternoon I was really wanting some comfort food.  I looked in my pantry and freezer and found what I needed to satisfy my want.  Some noodles tossed with homemade tomato sauce that I had in the freezer, a grilled chicken breast topped with sauce and some reduced fat mozzarella, and a nice side salad with a new vinaigrette I found hiding in my pantry that I had been wanting to try (Strawberry).  YUMMY!!!
As I look forward to the week ahead, I see some challenges ahead, but I also see some moments for some great potential.  My biggest goal for the week ahead it to try to keep the emotions in check, continue to make conscious and healthy choices, work my ass off when I am in the gym, and keep moving forward.

Message from my Dove dark chocolate tonight (perfect)!!!  Love those moments...

Here's to a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment