Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Great Week

I feel like this last week has been one that I have needed.  The proof of my week was definitely shown on the scale.  For the 1st week into the DietBet I was down 5.2 pounds.


It's funny, I was actually asked by a friend today - did you starve yourself?  For those that know me best, that is virtually impossible.  This girl likes to eat and loved food.  With all the junk and processed foods I have been putting in my body in the last month I usually retain a good bit of water.  When I get back to eating clean (for the majority) it shows up on that scale quite well in the beginning.  Any questions, feel free to check my food diary on MFP.  I've been getting back to taking the time to make my lunch to work during the week (my yummy salads, you've seen pictures of them in previous posts).  Fridays are usually my day to go out to lunch with co-workers.  I actually ordered a grilled chicken salad and had them put the fries on the side (yes, down here they put fries on top of a grilled chicken salad - seems kind of silly to me).  I gave them to my co-worker.

As far as exercise it was a busy week.  I got in a couple of bike rides (one road, one trail), taking some classes at the gym (when they fit into my schedule), been doing lots of morning walks on the treadmill (trying to make this an every day thing - we'll see how long this lasts getting out of bed at 5AM).  Saturday was a rest day but I still got a good bit of steps in while out of town shopping.

A few random thoughts:

Fitbit - LOVE IT!!!  But always remember to check it from time to time and see if you need to charge it.  I wasn't on the site for a few days and when I was out of town Friday night it all of a sudden died on me.  Since I didn't come home until Sunday none of my steps on Saturday were tracked.  I know I got steps but because I am obsessed with numbers (job hazard...lol) it really bugged me that I couldn't see a final number for the day.  This was such a great purchase and really does push me to try to get more steps in the day. 

Heart Rate Monitor - NEED IT!!!  For the past couple of weeks I have been having some problems with my Polar HRM.  I will be in the middle of a workout, look down, and it tells me that I have no heart rate.  Well I know this is not true because in the middle of Combat class I can feel my heart going BOOM BOOM BOOM.  So I figure it was time to get new batteries for my sensor but I have been putting it off.  Then when I was out for a bike ride Tuesday night my watch had completely died....oh no, how would I know how many calories I burned (again, a little bit obsessed with the numbers of it all).  So I got home from my bike ride, dropped my bike off at the apartment, and headed to the mall.  I kept thinking...oh my goodness I can't go to the gym in the morning with my HRM.  Thank to Radio Shack for having the batteries and it was back to working properly this morning...PHEW.

Feta cheese....makes a great salad perfect.  Since the last Demo and Dine when we had some Feta in one of the dishes, I knew I needed to get some.  I added to my salads this week and oh my....it totally put the exclamation point on the salad.  Yet another thing that I wished I knew I would have liked years ago.

Once short, always short - On my day off today I thought I would look for some new denim capris.  I thought this will be so much easier since I have lost the weight.  But then I tried a couple of pairs on.  They were more like flood pants.  So, even if I can now wear a smaller size, I am still vertically challenged.  I will have to go out of town and see if I can some petites, or  just get them tailored.

I was talking to someone today about this journey that I have been on and it made me think about a lot of things...all the foods I eat now that I never would thought of trying in the past, the things I can do now that I never thought I could do, the physical changes.  All this, and the part that really stands out is that my family and friends back home haven't physically seen me since October of 2012.  It really gives me goosebumps to think of what it will be like when they see me.  My Mom keeps telling me when I talk to her on the phone "I'm not going to recognize you".  I keep telling her that I am still the same girl, just looking a little smaller.  I know my friends and family back home will love me whether 328 or 241, but I am so nervous about seeing them for the first time in a long time.  This also is a huge reminder how important my other "families" are down here.  I would not be where I am or have the successes I have had without them.

I'm sure there is so much more I could say, it was a pretty busy week, but I'm pretty much done for the day and so ready for bed and to start again early in the AM.

Goodnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment